Eat and Drink
Anchovies have been the butt of lame jokes for decades now, and they don't deserve the bad rap. They are a delicious source of high-quality protein and rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. And this is one of the easiest dishes you can make - it only has four ingredients!
Linguine with Anchovies
1 lb. box linguine (spaghetti is fine, too)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tin anchovies in oil
mizithra or parmesan cheese, grated
1. Boil the pasta as normal.
2. While pasta is boiling, carefully take the anchovies out of the tin, keeping the oil aside, and give them a rough chop so they're in very small pieces.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain and put into a serving bowl.
4. Add the olive oil and the anchovy oil, mixing well with a pair of tongs or a couple of forks.
5. Add the chopped anchovies and mix again.
6. Add grated cheese to taste.
Like this recipe?
Please share it on Facebook and
pin it on Pinterest!
Leave a comment below!