The Greekish Life
Eat and Drink
Mmmm...the love child of chicken souvlaki and pasta! You really can't go wrong with this one! Tender bits of souvlaki-seasoned chicken tossed with tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and kalamata olives, mixed into pasta? Yes, please! I can happily eat my weight in this. I'm not proud of that, but there you go.
Because the chicken is diced so small, it won't take long to cook, so keep an eye on it.
1 large chicken breast, chopped small
1 16 oz. box pasta of your choice
4 oz white cooking wine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 red onion, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
a couple of generous pinches of Simply Greek Souvlaki seasoning
3-4 leaves fresh basil, chopped, for garnish (optional)
1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
crumbled feta to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Dressing (make this first):
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put pasta on to boil.
2. Chop chicken into very small pieces - about a half-inch or so.
3. Add a generous splash of olive oil to a frying pan.
4. Add garlic to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add chicken to pan, stirring everything together. Season with Simply Greek Souvlaki seasoning. Stir again.
6. Add red onions to pan.
7. Once chicken is just starting to brown, add white cooking wine and lemon juice.
8. When pasta is done, drain and put into serving bowl.
9. Add tomatoes, cucumber and olives
10. Pour dressing over pasta and toss thoroughly.
11. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve.
Do you love Greek recipes? Check out more by clicking here!
Like this recipe?
it on Facebook and
pin it on Pinterest!