Eat and Drink
Bean and Broccoli Pasta
Ok, so I can't swear that this is Greek, but it's definitely Greekish, thanks to the liberal use of beans, veggies and mizithra cheese. This is another go-to in our house. So flavorful and hearty! I love it.
The one trick is to make sure the broccoli isn't over- or undercooked. You want it bright green with a bit of a snap still left in it, but not raw or limp.
Pasta with Beans and Broccoli
1 lb pasta of your choice (I used rigatoni this time)
1 head broccoli, chopped into small pieces
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, diced small
1 15 oz can white cannellini beans, rinsed
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus a splash for the pan
salt and pepper to taste
generous pinch of dried basil
generous pinch of garlic powder (optional)
crumbled feta OR grated mizithra to taste
pine nuts to taste (optional)
1. Put pasta on to boil.
2. In a large pan, sauté garlic and onion in a generous splash of olive oil over medium heat until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add broccoli and stir. Cook about 3 minutes.
4. Add white beans and stir. Cook about 4 minutes.
5. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried basil.
6. Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan and stir. Let everything heat together for a couple of minutes, but keep an eye on the broccoli so it doesn't overcook.
7. When pasta is done, drain and put in a serving bowl. Add the beans and broccoli and mix well. Top with feta or mizithra and pine nuts if desired, and serve.
Like this recipe?
Please share it on Facebook and
pin it on Pinterest!
Please leave a comment below!