October Round-Up and a Burning Question for You
Updated: Jul 8, 2020
Here we are at the end of October, and Hallowgivingmas* is fast upon us, with the candy corn and the turkeys and the twinkly lights and the whatnot.
Time for the monthly post-round up! Have you missed anything?
1. Our first quiz! The Greek Gods and Goddesses quiz has been surprisingly popular! I'll be doing more quizzes at some point, since folks seem to like them. Have you taken it yet? Go check it out if you haven't!
2. A book review for Margaret Atwood's The Penelopiad, all about Penelope from the Odyssey, and her clever and moving version of events.
3. A quote about the concept of ataraxia, something I think we can all use more of!
4. My 8 favorite Greek blogs and websites! They're all in English (mostly), so if you want to be entertained and in-the-know about everything from travel to news to food and more, take a look!
5. A new Song Crushes - Daemonia Nymphe is a group like you've never heard before. What if Greek folk rock singers travelled back in time to 2500 B.C.? Yeah...it's like that! Haunting, beautiful and powerfully strange - perfect for Halloween week!
6. A post about a big holiday in Greece - Oxi Day, October 28th.
7. Check back on Wednesday! I'll have a bonus Halloween-themed article for you!
Ok, you've heard from me...now I need to hear from you.
So this little project of mine has been launched for almost four months now. It's a bit of a struggle getting enough eyeballs on it, because it turns out the internet is a very crowded place, and not everyone wants to click away from catsforgold.com or BeesBeesBees to read about rembetiko singers or Greek robots.
If you can imagine.
So I want to hear from you.
What are you liking about The Greekish Life?
What are you not so into?
What would make you stick around longer when you visit?
What would you like to see here that isn't on here currently?
How's the navigation and overall look of things? Is it easy to find your way around the site?
I'd like to get your feedback, and see how we can keep improving. Please consider leaving a Comment at the bottom of this page, or if you'd rather not post, you can shoot me an email at email@example.com.
This website is about YOU, and what YOU might be interested in! Let me know!
And many thanks - as always - to those of you who are posting articles to your Facebook groups and telling your friends about us! You are the bechamel on my pastistio and I appreciate you so much!
*Hallowgivingmas - For those of you outside the USA, this is the string of holidays that starts in October with Halloween, goes to American Thanksgiving in November and on through to Christmas. It's a blur of overspending and overeating. Naturally, I love it.